Wednesday 19 August 2009

the finish line is in sight ...

It's hard to believe, but the end of my 365challenge is getting closer and closer ... just 12 days to go! And I'm well on course to finish my additional challenge, running the length of Hadrian's Wall, with just 14 Km left of the 135 Km total.

I really wasn't sure that I'd be able to run at all, given my old injury history, but thanks to physiotherapy and extensive stretching exercises before and after my runs. I have been running pain-free again, and I am now really hopeful that running can be a part of my life again. It may sound strange to those of you who don't run, but as running used to be such a part of my life many years ago, the feeling of being able to get out there and run free is wonderful!

And tonight, less than two months after starting back into running, and just because it felt soooo good to be jogging along at a comfortable pace (quite a gentle 9 Km/hr), I just kept going ... I was aiming for 6 Km, but then thought I'd go for 8 Km, as I felt good ... and then thought I'd try to go for 60 minutes, just to see if I could! And then I thought, hey, I've managed 9 Km, so may as well go for 10 Km ... so I DID! 10 Km in 66 minutes ... not spectacular, but wow, it felt good!

And, as I said, it left me with just 14 Km to go ... which should be doable in 2 more visits. Brilliant!

And once it's all done ...? There will be a lot more to come from the 365challenge ... maybe not too much on the physical activity front (though a 10K or two may be beckinong now), but I plan to dedicate more time now to developing the 365challenge and bringing more people on board ... so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment