Thursday 4 September 2008

the madness continues

The madness continues with the 365challenge! I haven’t seen it yet, but I’ve been told that I made the front page of the Midweek Chester Chronicle! If I can access the paper online, I’ll add a link to the website. I wonder what the main paper on Friday is going to do!

Then, on Tuesday (was that really just two days ago?), BBC Radio Merseyside called and requested an interview, which I did on Wednesday. I think it went well, good interviewer, she drew out the answers that helped me get my message across. I’m told that it will go out on Friday Sept 5th, in the Breakfast Show, between 8.15 and 8.30 am BST, if anyone wants to tune in. You can listen on line, but you need RealPlayer installed, which I haven’t, so I’ll be at the radiogram! The station link is: bbc_radio_merseyside, then click on Listen Live, if you’re interested.

But the great thing about all of this is that the 365challenge is getting noticed, the sponsorship is rolling in (over £1000 past my original target already), and Brenda is getting acknowledged for the great person that she was – I know her children are following events and are really pleased at the response – so thank you all from them. I really hope that the publicity helps bring some more people on board too, so we can boost the amount that we raise for this great charity even further. Please, if you are in any way moved to take this on, do get in touch. Together we can create a challenge that is doable AND impressive that will bring the support in. Come on, it’ll be fun.

And things continue apace with the challenge itself – I’ve been into the gym Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and have started to make a (small) dent in those miles. Aching a little, but feeling good to continue. I have taken today off, as I had a heavy day at work - early start and didn't finish until 6.30 - ran a workshop, so on my feet, talking for 4 hours. I think having a day off from all that physical effort is allowed, isn't it?

But I'll be there again tomorrow, I promise ...

No comments:

Post a Comment