Monday 8 September 2008

some tales of the 365'ers

I know I've been muttering that I want more people to take up the 365challenge to raise even more for Cancer Research UK, but I guess I should salute some of the people who have already started down the road to taking this on for themselves.

First to the starting line was Carl, the manager in the gym, who plans to run across America - just 3200 miles, he's taking the short route, I think! Anyway, he started off all gung-ho (he's ex-army), and by the end of the week, he'd only gone and given himself a hernia (not running, doing some of his weights work, I think). It looks like he'll be out for about a month - commiserations Carl, but I'm sure he'll come back stronger. Watch this space.

Then, tonight at the gym, Danielle told me that although she hates running, she is going to run 2.5 miles 5 days a week for 52 weeks -she reckons that'll be a marathon a month, but i reckon it's a little further actually, so we may need to work this out more clearly.

Anouska wants to run a marathon a month too, but is hoping to run the London marathon in reality also next April, bringing her goal to 13 marathons in 12 months. Fantastic.

Finally for tonight, Mark plans to run, cycle and row across Australia, from Perth to Sydney - just 2455 miles. He's on his way already, so wish him luck.

I'll have more stories of 365'ers as this blog goes along, so keep popping back to hear more ... and if you want to be included, just get in touch with thoughts on your own 365challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment